Friday, 4 March 2011

Making It Count

Hi everyone, I've finished all my chores for today so I thought I'd take the chance to check out some challenges and see if I could enter the above card for any of them.
I made this birthday card for a lovely crafting buddy of mine and now I know she's received it I can use it on my blog. It was an 8 x 8 card, so quite large and I tried to give it a distressed vintage look as I know this is her favourite style.

It actually fitted with a number of the challenges this week, so I'm entering it for as many as possible. As I'm not likely to be able to enter many in the near future I thought I may as well 'make it count' by getting it to fit as many as I could!

The challenges are:
Sweet Stampin - Oh So Girly
Crazy 4 Challenges - Use Flowers
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes
Anything Goes - Distressing
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Feminine Birthday in Blues and Greens
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Birthday Card
Totally Papercrafts - Pearls and Lace

Card Details:
* Stamped Sentiment - My Favourite Things Die-namics 'Polka Dot Greetings Die & Stamp Set'
* Papers - Hot Off The Press 'Paper Pizazz' & Coredinations 'Whitewash'
* Punch - MS PATP 'Vintage Lace'
* Everything else from my stash

I used lots of Distress Ink around the papers and flowers and plenty of Glimmer Mist and Glamour Dust then finished off with a lovely lace bow tied with my fabby new 'Bow-Easy' I even remembered to use one of my pile of doilies, which I usually forget until after I've finished the card!

20 comments:

Vicky said...

This is so gorgeous Chrissie! fabulous layout, love the colours and fab doily too ~ your friend will just love it hun :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Chrissie, a fab image surrounded by beautiful doiles. Your flowers add a perfect finishing touch.
Christine x

Squirrel x said...

Hugely glamourous babes, love it. Sorry I've not been around much this past couple of weeks - having a 'mare with work. Will try to do better! Hope you are ok. Hugs, Sxx

Jen said...

This is charming I am sure your friend loved it. I like the edged mat and doily. Super card. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge this week.
Jen x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Chrissie,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

iReneM said...

Oooooh, Chrissie, I LOVE this card :-)
Totally gorgeous (and wonderful to actually to 'own' it, hee hee)
Thank you so much - and also for sharing it for Crafty Ann's challenge
Love n hugs
Irene

xx

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW this is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! Totally GORGEOUS!

sue said...

great card so elegant thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Chrissie.xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is stunning Chrissie, I'm so pleased you managed to share it with us all. :D
Ann x

Craftyanny said...

I'll bet your friend loved this Chrisse, it's gorgeous
thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week and good luck
Anne x

Linda said...

So beautiful. Lovely girly image

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card and a beautiful image.Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Stampin Challenge!
Clairexx

Pamela said...

Beautiful Chrissie, sure your friend loved it.

Pam x

craftyb said...

Fabulous card - she is ONE glamorous lady! Love the all your pretty embellies! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

Lisa aka Myran said...

This is fabulous Chrissie! I'm loving the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Chrissie this is awesome. I adore everything about it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

elsi67 said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Chrissie this is absolutely stunning, the distressing looks awesome so does the little flower display and that image is beautiful I love it and I am sure your friend will treasure this for years to come.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely stunning Chrissie....oh I so love these ladies!! Love the distressing too.

Lots of love Sheila xx