Friday 21 August 2009

Friday Sketchers #66




Hi all!
Well, what do you know? I've actually managed to join in with a card challenge, the first in absolutely ages woohoo!!

I needed to make a couple of men's cards for September birthdays and I'd been putting it off for ages, as I find making cards for men a real struggle, so I thought I'd try to fit them to a couple of sketches to see if that made life easier and it did!
I don't know that I've ever actually joined in with the Friday Sketchers challenge before, but I loved the look of this week's sketch which has been set by Carole and so thought I'd go for it.
It worked out perfectly for my BIL's card, he likes a drink and he loves playing cards so voila!

Card Details:
* Image & sentiment - Cuddly Buddly 'Local Lads' kit
* Backing papers - K & Co
* Mat - Nestabilities 'scalloped circles'
* Epoxy alphabet letters - K & Co

I can't show you the other man's card yet as I decided to make it my next DT card for Sketch & Stash, so you'll just have to be patient and wait until then.

13 comments:

Annie said...

Think we all find men's cards a pain Chrissie, but you done a great job with this and how clever to replace the flowers with alphabet tiles. Great idea.

Think I will try this sketch too - it's a bit different and you have given me an idea.

Ann xxx

Jill said...

fantastic male card Chrissie, Love the take on the sketch and the fab image, your BIL will love it hugs Jill xx

Ruth said...

Great male card,Ruth x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab card hunnie, yes men are so difficult in all ways. Lol!!! I have left you an award on my blog. Cathy xxxx

Beryl K said...

Great man card Chrissie, that image is brilliant. I agree with Ann, a stroke of genious to use the alpha tiles instead of flowers.
Beryl x

Crystal said...

awww too cute Chrissie!!! Lovin your take on the sketch and that fun image!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chrissie.

Hugs Riet.x

Wendy said...

A perfect mans card
Wendy x

Anne said...

Perfect man's card Chrissie. Love your take on the sketch. Hugs x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Smashing card Chrissie - I have this set and find it very useful! There is an award for you on my blog.

Irene said...

Hello Chrissie

FAntastic to see you blogging again, I've missed your fabulous creations. What a comeback,fantastic male card.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sirpaliina said...

Great card, nice image.

Cardmaking Galore said...

That image is so cute! well done