Tuesday 9 March 2010

Happy Ever After!


Hi everyone, I made this card today for my son and daughter-in-law's 5th wedding anniversary next month, I hope they like it. 
I can't really believe that it's been that long since their 'big day'......until I look at the wedding photos that is. I certainly look a lot younger in those, all I can say is......it's obviously been a stressful 5 years for me LOL!
I used 'Vintage Photo' distress ink around the edges of the nestie and then popped some Cosmic Shimmer 'Gold Twinkles' on top (I love the smell of this even more than the smell of my Promarkers, oh dear!)
 I made the flowers myself using this fabulous tutorial, then doused them liberally with glimmer mist and glamour dust. They look really pretty in real life, unfortunately, my scanner didn't want to show you.

This card seems to fit the following 3 challenges:
Ooh-la-la Creations #49 - 'Anything Goes'
Stampin' for the Weekend - 'Monochromatic'
Crafty Calendar Challenge #6 - 'Flower Power'

Card Details:
* Image - Charmed Cards & Crafts 'Mikey & Madison'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Hot Off The Press and stash
* Punch - MS 'Valentine Lace'
* Everything else from my stash

I'm sorry I haven't been to visit you for a while, but I've been in a bit of a dark place lately, mainly because reality has now set in about losing my Mum and I miss her so much.
In view of this I'm going to have a bit of a break for a while. I'll still be joining in with my fortnightly DT challenges for both Sketch & Stash and Crafty Ann's, but other than that my posts may not be as regular as normal.
For some time now I've had a 'to do' list full of lots of different crafting techniques and ideas that I want to try, unfortunately, I never seem to find time to do them.
The theory is that I'll just 'play' and if I end up with something that I like, I'll see if it fits any challenges and if it does, great (if not, I'll probably post it anyway!)
Thanks to all my sweet friends who have continued to visit me and leave such lovely comments, they have meant so much to me. I'll be coming to visit you all again very soon.

11 comments:

Beryl K said...

Chrissie, this is absolutely gorgeous your Son and DIL will be thrilled with it.
Thank you so much for entering into my first GD challenge at Ooh-La-La Creations
Beryl x

iReneM said...

Oh, gosh, wow!! Chrissie, this is gorgeous.
Of course they will love it!
I love the image and BP and the flowers are a-maz-ing...they look like mother of pearl.

Take care sweetie

x

Beryl said...

Hi Chrissie,
Just got a couple of hours to myself (at last) and thought I'd try to get round some blogs. Love this card and sure your son and his wife will too. I know where you're coming from regarding having time to do other things. I seem to have lost my mojo altogether at the moment. Hopefully it will come back soon.
Beryl xx

Anne said...

Hi Chrissie! Sorry to hear you're not up to scratch these days but I totally understand how you're feeling. Your mojo seems OK as this is a stunning card you're sharing with us at OLL.

Be good to yourself and go with the flow. I look forward to seeing you back blogging full time when you feel stronger. Hugs xx

Barbara said...

Hi, Chrissie! This card is so sweet and the flowers are amazing! I'm sure they will love the card. You have my heartfelt sympathy and agree that you need to follow your heart in choosing activities. It is exciting when I see you have a new post and will pop in at those times. I'll check in via email soon.

Love 'n' hugs,
Barb

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi, this is a beautiful card, I'm sure they will love it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar.

Liz x

Kim. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful flowers, love the image perfect for a young couple. Thanks for joining us this month over at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim xXx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Such a beautiful card Chrissie and your son and DIL will love it...love the image, such a modern couple and the flowers are gorgeous. Hope thinks get a it brighter for you very soon.

Lots of love Sheila xx

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful card Chrissie, such gorgeous coloring hun!
Take care of yourself!
Blessings, Maria

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a fantastic card hun and your son and DIL will love it. I know what you mean by the ageing thing, I dread looking in the mirror. I am so sorry you are below par hun but I know where you are coming from. I will be thinking of you this week end. Cathy xxx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello
What a sweet card. Like your colors and I love that you have used Mickey and his girlfriend.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D