Friday 23 October 2009

Just because....


Hi everyone, so sorry that I haven't been about for a few days. Gosh, looking at the date of my last post it's been nearly a week, doesn't time fly when you're having fun?
I haven't been having too much fun really, I decided to 'sort out' my craft room...BIG MISTAKE, HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! I think there were a few times when DH was about to send out search parties for me lol!
Now "why would you do something as reckless as this?" I hear you ask, and quite rightly too! The honest reason is that I'd ordered so many new 'goodies' that I didn't know where I was going to put them (I truly believe that I enjoy shopping for craft items even more than I enjoy crafting!!!)
The outcome is, I've never been so organised (of course I may never be able to find anything again!) You know what it's like, you discover crafting and want everything, then gradually you find what styles you like and all the other stuff gathers dust. So I've sorted out lots of bits that I'm getting rid of as I know I'll never use them again.

Anyway, enough waffle from me, onto the card. I've made it just because I wanted to, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
I need to give copious amounts of thanks to Jak for the freebies that I've used on this, they all came from her wonderful blog Crafters Kitchen and if you have never visited you don't know what you're missing! She is not only a very talented crafter but generously offers lots of freebies and tutorials on her blog too.

Card Details:
* Image - Jak Heath 'Chandelier Set' freebie
* Papers - Jak Heath 'Brocade' freebie
* Sentiment - Woodware 'Circular Greetings'
* Mats - Nestabilities 'Classic and scalloped circles'
* Everything else from my stash

The miri card is actually silver, so why it's looking quite goldy in the photo I don't know and the crystal brads are much more sparkly in real life too! I think I may have to have words with my personal photographer as this is not quite up to his usual standards lol!
As I've got lots of sparkle on this I'm entering it into La-La's challenge which is for 'Sparkle'.

19 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Chrissie. I know what you mean about the craft room I am always trying to get mine organised! Fighting a losing battle.
Pam

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful work Chrissie!

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Chrissie, that really was brave of you to sort out your craft room lol. Mine doubles as the living room so I have to keep stuff relatively tidy
Beryl x

Barbara said...

Oh, what elegance!! This is gorgeous, Chrissie! I know what you mean about having fun shopping! I like to keep out the new stuff to use them right away. Next thing I know I have stacks that I can't remember what they were for. I don't like putting things in boxes where I can't see them, so I have lots of pegboard space aroung my studio where I hang the new embellies. Then there's the stacks of papers...... Well, I guess I'd better get back to organizing --- again.

Hugs,
Barb

Rosietoes said...

Delicious card Chrissie. Very elegant indeed.
I know what you mean about buying stuff. I love craft shopping but find it difficult to get down to the nitty gritty of making things. I'm sure you would have had no end of help if you had just let us know. We would have made your stash lighter - as helpful friends of course. :)
Edna x

Beryl said...

I so understand the shopping for craft syndrome. I want nearly everything I see but don't get enough time to use it all, let alone store it away. Glad you managed to find time to make this card though. I love it. It's very rich and elegant looking.
Beryl xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Chrissie, such an elegant colour combination, the papers are perfect :) Donna x

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolite beautiful Chrissie.... Yes I another who enjoys the shopping part of crafting but don't seem to put it to much use!. Thought of the day: I must try harder!! Lol!

Love Sheila xx

Becky said...

Beautiful card Chrissie and I had to laugh at your craft room story! I seem to lose my mojo whenever I tidy up, when it's all spread out I know where everything is!!
Love Becky xx

Jak Heath said...

Oh Chrissy I love what you have done with my sheets, thanks for letting me see it.

Paul said...

Very elegant. A lovely bit of sparkle and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Jill said...

wow wow wow Chrissie this is stunning, ohh it's so elegant and I love the DP and matching image hugs Jill xx

Irene said...

Hello Chrissie

Your card is absoloutely stunning, elegant and so gorgeous. Love the monochrome effect.

luv
irene
xxxx

Teresa Kline said...

such an elegant card, I adore it....I need to get in my craft area and strighten a little, thanks for the encouragement....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab card Chrissie, and yes Jak is so good with her freebies. I love your take on this card. I am always tidy my craft room and still run out of room. I know what you mean I have loads of card kits that I will never use!!!! And I don't think anyone else will want either. Cathy xxxx

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...such a dramatic and pretty card...thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at La La Land Crafts...I so love B & W cards!

Maureen said...

Just gorgeous! Love the chandeliers and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow, Chrissie! This is so elegant! Love the shimmer from the paper and the bit of sparkle from the brads! I need to go organize my craft room too. I'm afraid that if I get started, I will get lost in all the "stuff" that comes out to be put away. LOL! Thank you for joining us this week for La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! xx Jane

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina