Monday 17 October 2011

I'm Sorry That I'm Such A Terrible Person!

Hello my lovelies,
I'll bet you can't believe that I'm posting when it's not a Sketch N Stash Challenge day can you?
I'm so sorry, I know that I've been a terrible blogger lately, what can I say? There's no real excuse except that lots has been happening at 'Chez Chrissie'
(If you are bored enough to want to know more, it may be a good idea to get yourself a nice cup of coffee first as this is a long, long post!!)
The new bungalow had oil heating and after lots (and lots and lots!) of discussion we finally decided to change to gas, so we had the road dug up and gas and a new boiler installed. Then the loft was newly insulated and so we're now toasty warm.
We also had major problems with our new bedroom furniture. After 12 weeks of our money being in their bank whilst we waited for delivery and finally issuing them with a threat to cancel, the company tried to fob us off with ex-showroom units and make out it was our delivered order. Oh, and still charge us full price of course! Needless to say we were NOT happy and requested our money back PDQ! That, of course, meant starting the search again!!!!! However, I'm happy to report that I now have something a little nicer than cardboard boxes for our clothes and I'm very happy with it.
My lovely DH had been having problems with his knees for a while (and not because I make him grovel at my feet all the time!) and it's now been discovered that he's got osteoporosis and he's awaiting an op. They're not sure if they will fix one knee at a time or both together yet. He's taking it all very calmly, but I'm going into a panic at the whole thing!
Add to this all the normal problems that come with moving hundreds of miles away from friends, family and loved ones plus conservatory roof leaks, overflowing toilet cisterns, practically non-existent broadband signals etc. etc. and you start to get the idea.
Regardless of all that, we are both so happy to be living in this house, in this village, in this part of the world that we know it was the right move for us. I'll try to get some photos popped up at some point.
On a brighter note it was my birthday on the 3rd, I shan't tell you how very old I am (suffice to say I get my bus pass this time next year!) and I want to thank all my lovely friends for such gorgeous cards and prezzies. The final count was 40 cards, just unbelievable! DH took some photos although more cards arrived later and so were missed out, but here are the photos if you'd like to take a look.





I've actually managed to finally finish sorting my new craft room (she says hopefully) so I may get to do a bit more card making and blogging anytime soon. I certainly hope so as I've been getting withdrawal symptoms from chatting to all my crafting buddies. For those to whom I owe an e-mail (or two or three) I'll be in touch any day now.
Once again my apologies for losing touch with you all lately and thanks to those who managed to get this far through my posting, bless you!

 

5 comments:

Daniele said...

awwww hun you sure sound like you're going through it at the moment, no wonder you don't feel like blogging/crafting. I think I'd have spilt a few tears by now, poor hubby as well oh well soon be 2012.....lol
hugs and best wishes

Barbara said...

What an amazing collection of cards! We all love ya! Thanks for the newsy email, Chrissie. It sounds like you have had your share of moving-in-blues, but it's all worth it in the end. Can't wait to see you start creating again! Love 'n' hugs!

KraftyKoolKat said...

I know what you are going through sweetie. Thanks for letting me know it gets easier. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

CraftyC said...

Good luck in your new home Chrissie. Hope you get to sort all the the niggles!
Clairex

Faye said...

You are not a terrible person. Life sometimes needs to come first, as is the case here. What a lot you've had on your plate, and dealt with so calmly. I am bad as I've totally missed your birthday. :( Happy Belated Birthday. Mwah, mwah. xxx