Thursday 3 November 2011

A Vintage Christmas

Hi everyone, today's card is another one for the Xmas box and this time I've used the traditional Christmas colours of red, green and gold. I have to admit to really liking the richness of this colour palette and I think I may have to use this colour combo again.
This is another 8" x 8" 'biggy' as it's designated for my best friend and her husband.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday - Sketch # 179
ABC Christmas Challenge - V for Vintage
Crimbo Crackers - Challenge #1 Anything Goes

Card Details:
* Image - Digital Pencil Too 'Holly Fairy'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Hot Off The Press
* Punch - MS 'Doily Lace'
* Everything else from my stash

I've used Mo's Holly Fairy again, this is probably my all time favourite image for Christmas cards, I bought her a couple of years ago and use her on some of my cards every year. I just have to try to make sure I don't send her to the same people every year ha ha!
The beautiful gold sparkly ribbon was part of a gift from my dear friend Barb last year. She had bought lots of stunning christmas ribbons and sent me a selection as she knows we don't have access to the same gorgeousness here in the UK.

18 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Chrissie this is absolutely beautiful the image is a little gem and what a fantastic design, the colours and that flower look truly wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful rich looking card Chrissie. Love the traditional colour way and the image is lovely.

Edna x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Chrissie, I like the image and the traditional colours.
Kevin xx

Heather said...

Hi Chrissie, hope you are well sweetie!!! Your card is stunning, your design is gorgeous and the colours, especially with Mo's image are sensational ..............I love your wonderful details!!!
love & hugs
Heather xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Chrissie. Love the ribbon and the rich colours.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow Chrissie,this card is stunning,love the the traditional christmas colours.

Hugs Sandie x

Beryl K said...

A beautiful rich looking card Chrissie
Beryl x

Tip Top said...

Wonderful colour combination! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

coops said...

so stunning chrissie.i love your traditional colours and the image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Barbara said...

Chrissie, this is beautiful! I love the rich colors and the gold accents. White poinsettias are my favorites -- I wonder why I don't use more of them?? Very lovely, my dear friend! Sending hugs!

June Nelson said...

Gorgeous card and this is one of my fvourite all time images from mo its lovely xxxx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous beautiful card Chrissie.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Really lovely card I love that image and your flower is pretty too! Love the border punch band too! Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

BrossArtAddiction said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Chrissie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Delphine said...

Fantastic card! I love the traditional colours and your image is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas and good luck! Delphine xx