Saturday 9 June 2012

Poppy Plaque

Hi everyone,

Following on from my first attempt to decorate an MDF plaque a couple of weeks ago, one of my neighbours popped in and saw it and asked if I could make her one. She wanted a plaque for her bedroom door and requested poppies and her name.
Well, I enjoyed making the first one so much that I agreed to have a go and this is the result. I was quite pleased with it and she was delighted with it (which is the main thing) What do you think?
I've just ordered some more plaques in different shapes etc. as I really had fun playing with these. I've purchased all mine from Joanna Sheen, so I know they are going to be good quality and with free and fast postage how can you go wrong? I always try to order from Joanna if I can as I think her customer service is second to none.

While I'm here, I wonder if anyone can help me? I've been looking for some 'bunting' dies or punches. I did like the Stampin' Up punch, but with nearly £5 postage I can't justify it. I ended up ordering the X-Cut dies. They are gorgeous but HUGE, they'll be fine for my larger cards but I really wanted something smaller for my 6" square cards.
Can anyone suggest anything (without a massive p&p charge please)

Thanks to Kevin and Vicky, I have now ordered the  gorgeous MB simple bunting die, exactly what I was looking for!

 

9 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning. I adore the poppies. Sorry can't help with the bunting though!
All the best
Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really beautiful Chrissie, I love the poppies, Memory box make a small bunting die cutter, have alook at My craft heart or cards of distintion.
Kevin xx

Daniele said...

what a wonderful door plaque, the poppies look wonderful
have a lovely weekend
hugs

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Chrissie...and pop over to My Crafty Heart...there is a super wee bunting die and P&P is brill too..here is the link..

http://www.mycraftyheart.co.uk/index.php

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Chrissie.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

wow this is stunning chrissie.the poppies are so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Chrissie, you should go into business making them. Especially as you enjoy it so much.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is so beautiful Chrissy I totally adore those flowers, this is pure perfection.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

I love it - and I bet your nieghbour does too. It's brilliant.
Beryl xx