Sunday 10 June 2012

Those Pesky Men's Cards!

Hi everyone,
Yes, I know, it's not often you see me two days in a row is it?

Since moving to our little Norfolk village last year, we've made some lovely friends and we all get together on a regular basis (any excuse for a bit of a boozy get together will do) They all seem to really like my cards too, so they're keeping me busy with lots of orders and commissions.
Anyway, it is one of our little group's birthday in a couple of weeks and so I've been making male cards, definitely NOT my favourite style!
Luckily, he has a few hobbies and plays the guitar so at least I had something to work with.

This card is from hubby and I:
Card 1 Details:
* Image - PC Crafter 'Born to be Wild' kit
* Papers - Joanna Sheen 'Fashion Boutique' CD
* Sentiment - PC generated
* Everything else from my stash

This is an 8"x 8" card from his wife:
Card 2 Details:
* Image - Crafty Ann's - Electric Guitar 1
* Colouring medium - Promarkers and pencils
* Papers - Papermania 'For Him'
* Everything else from my stash

This is from another of our group of friends:
Card 3 Details:
* Image - Mo's Digital Pencil Too - Gardener Guy
* Colouring medium - Promarkers and pencils
* Papers - K & Co
* Everything else from my stash

I'm all out of ideas for men's cards now, but hopefully I'll recover soon, as we have another male birthday next month. Oh dear!

 

11 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! A fabulous selection of male cards ( I have enough trouble just making one!) I love the images and layouts you have used
Sue

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards Chrissie.
luv
Debby

coops said...

stunning selection of male card chrissoe.i love the fab images ;D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Chrissy you have been busy these are three fantastic cards all so beautifully designed, the colours and images look FAB.
hugs
Lorraine x

McCrafty's Cards said...

All three are fabulous, I like the image on the first one, the papers and embossing on the second,and the great image on the third.
Kevin xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Chrissie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Beryl said...

Three brilliant cards Chrissie.Sounds like you've really fallen on your feet in this village - lots of lovely friends and lots of home for your cards too. I really miss the village atmosphere I had when in Cambridgeshire.
Beryl xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great set of male cards.
Sarah-Jane xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So lovely to see you again today Chrissie. All three cards are super. How lovely that you have made friends in your new area. I am away next week, I will catch up with you soon.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Chrissie and for someone who doesn't like making male cards, you've done an amazing job hugs Jill xx

iReneM said...

Hi Chrissie, long time no see :)
Wow, three great cards - he's going to be very pleased with these.
You've reminded me I've got five Fathers Day cards to make, eek.
I hope they turn out as good as yours here.
x