Monday 9 August 2010

A Card For A Special Person


Hi everyone, it's such a long time since I posted so I thought I'd pop by today with this card.
This is the first card I've made for quite a while and it's for a very special person, my dear aunt. She's had such a rough time lately and it's her birthday in a couple of weeks time, so I hope this cheers her up (she likes the vintage style)
It's a large 8" x 8" card and as you can see I made good use of a few of my Martha Stewart punches. Oh how I love these, sadly I managed to break my 'Doiley Lace' one, so I shall have to get a replacement as it was my very first punch and is one of my favourites.

Card Details:
* Image - Cardmaking Heaven 'Ladies Oval Topper Selection'
* Papers - K & Co
* Punches - MS Large Monarch Butterfly, Trellis and Eyelet Lace
* Nestabilities - Scalloped Ovals and Labels 4
* Sentiment - PC generated
* Everything else from my stash

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be posting again regularly just yet. It seemed a bit silly posting and then disappearing for ages again, so I thought I'd take a complete break for a while and not return until things are really back to normal.
I shall pop in if I manage to make anything so that I can share it with you, but until then take care my dear buddies.

13 comments:

Pamela said...

Your card is stunning Chrissie, so nice to see you posting. I understand excatly how you feel and it is a good idea to take a break. Looking forward to you coming back when you are ready.
Take care

Pam x

Doreen said...

It's lovely to see you Chrissie,your card is stunning.xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Chrissie. No harm in a break, change is good! Cor, did you throw the punch at something then - I thought they'd be pretty indestructible for the price!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. I am so sorry to hear you are feeling no better. I am different in the respect that being on here and carding is keeping me going at the moment. Looking forward to seeing you back soon when you feel able though. Keep emailing.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

mckinkle said...

What a lovely card for your Aunt, the colour youve chosen is beautiful.

Everyone will still be here blogging whenever things are right for you to 'come and play' again!

Keryn x

kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy. Hope to see you soon.

take care

Kathleen x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Chrissie I'm sure your aunt will love it, love the fancy edges, hope your ok hun hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Chrissie,I love the images and your papers.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! She will love it!

Barbara said...

This is a lovely card, Chrissie, and your aunt will love it! You've been on my mind a lot lately and I send you good wishes and lots of hugs.

Barb

Sheila - Ginger said...

Dear Chrissie it's so lovely to see a card on your blog again....and such a beautiful one at that. Your dear aunt will be so pleased with it and I do hope that she and you will be much better very soon. Take care dear friend and will be in touch soon. Got a few probs at the mo.

Lots of love Sheila xxx

Rosietoes said...

Lovely to see you posting Chrissie. This is a beautiful card - very elegant and stylish. I'm sure your Aunt will love it.
Nice work with the punches!

Edna x

iReneM said...

Lovely to see you posting, Chrissie and with such a gorgeous card. I really love this image and the soft gentle colours. Exquisite - your aunt will love it :-)

x