Monday 12 September 2011

Sketch N Stash DT Card #70


Hi everyone, I'm back with my latest DT card for Sketch N Stash and this fortnight we're offering a 'free choice' sketch.
Just take a look at the old sketches in the 'Sketch Catalogue' section on the challenge blog and pick which one you'd like to use (don't forget to let us know which one you've chosen though!)
I went for Sketch 55 for my card, I thought the layout would be just right as I decided to make a C5 sized card for a change.
This was a 'Thank You' card for a very special friend who recently sent me the most gorgeous 'New Home' gift, this wicker basket filled with a box of belgian choccies, a bottle of rose wine and a stunning miniature rose plant.
 If you're reading this Sheila, you already know how important you are to me sweetie and how grateful I am to be able to call you my friend.

Card Details:
* Image - Penny Black 'Hitchin' A Ride'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers and Spectrum Noir Pens
* Papers - Papermania Colossal 'Spring Life'
* Punch - MS 'Eyelet Lace'
* Everything else from my stash

This fortnight's prize is from our wonderful regular sponsor Simon Says Stamp and they are offering our lucky winner a $15 voucher to be spent in their store so I hope you'll manage to join in with us.
If you're in need of any inspiration just pop over to the Challenge blog where the DT have come up with the most amazing creations again and while you're there see if you were lucky enough to have won or been nominated as one of our Top 3 from the last challenge.

15 comments:

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie. I hope you are settling in.
Whate a wonderful new home gift
Beryl x

Doreen said...

This is just perfect Chrissie.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie, I do like the image and the sentiment
Kevin xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

An adorable card Chrissie and a fabulous welcome to your home gift. Crossing fingers very tightly along with everything else. Our home sale is back on but I will not be happy until we have exchanged contracts in case he changes his mind.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Daniele said...

what a sweet card, Chrissie, love the sketch that you chose, hope you are loving your new home
hugs

Julie said...

Fabby card Chrissie! Love the blues and the cute image!! Your friend will love it!! Juliexx

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Chrissie, and I really like how it seems to reflect the gift itself! I'm so glad you are getting settled in and back to crafting. I wish my life would settle down a bit! Big hugs!

Vicky said...

So gorgeous sweetie..

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hunni & love the adorable image :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

coops said...

gorgeous card chrissie.i really love the fab image and your papers and colours are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Hey you. Gotta love this card. The image looks smashing with these lovely blues. Mwah, mwah. xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissie what a gorgeous card love the design and papers, that image is so cute I love it. What a wonderful friend you have to give you such a gorgeous gift that doesn't happen very often these days does it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crystal said...

Chrissie this is fabulous and I LOVE that sketch , you aced it sweetie! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card chrissie, loving the image and a great choice of sketch

Sue
Xx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Chrissie your card is even more gorgeous in real life. It was aspecial gift to a special friend....and I thought the basket would come in handy to store a few crafty bits in!Lol!
Will be in touch soon as the date for DD has been changed to mid October now!

Lots of love dear friend
Sheila xx