Monday 28 May 2012

My First Plaque

Hi everyone, I expect you're surprised to see me posting when it's not a SNS day aren't you?

I'm sorry that I haven't been about for such a long time, but we still have so much work to do on the new house and apart from my DT cards, I've only been managing to get family and friend cards made and haven't had time to do much of anything else. However, all that changed this week.
Ages ago, I bought some MDF blanks from Joanna Sheen and I've been trying to decide what to do with them ever since (typical of me!)
I finally decided to make a plaque for my craft room door and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, especially as it's my first attempt and I'm absolutely useless at making projects.


 In case any of you are interested in how I made it, here is a little resume:
Firstly, I lightly sanded the plaque and then painted it with a matchpot in 'Ivory' once it was dry I swiped over the whole thing with 'Antique Linen' and 'Vintage Photo' Distress Pads.
The little frame was made from Capricious Scraps 'Spontaneous Delight' kit and the text was done on my PC. For the image I used the sweet 'Krafty Kate' from Saturated Canary and flipped it so I had a mirror image too.
The flowers are from my stash and they and the images were coloured with Promarkers. I finally added the pearls, flower centres and some garden string to hang it from and that's it!

I really enjoyed making this and as I have some little MDF hearts I may have a go at those next (I know, the best laid plans etc.) I thought maybe if I stamped them with angels or something I could use them for the christmas tree this year.
I'll let you know how it goes!
 

8 comments:

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Chrissie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol said...

Fabulous job Chrissie. I've got some of these plaques tucked away too! Carol x

Rita said...

Chrissie, how fabulous is this. Its fantastic and can I ask what font you used for the writing. Hugs Rita xx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Chrissy...and I love how you flipped the image hun :o)

Big hugs Vicky xx

Beryl said...

Oh wow - it's fabulous. Just the sort of thing I thought I'd be filling my new house with but haven't managed a single one yet. Having seen this lovely plaque I now feel 'inspired'. Hope I'm still feeling that way when I wake up in the morning. I know what you mean about loads to do on the house. Lots to do here too - funny how you miss all that on the viewing.
Beryl xx

coops said...

so gorgeous chrissie.love the sweet sc images and colours ;D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Chrissie this is awesome. What a clever talented girl you are. This is gorgeous to hang on your craft room door.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissy this is fantastic I love, love the colours, flowers and image, super hanger.
hugs
Lorraine x