Monday 7 October 2013

Sketch N Stash # 123

Morning all, I think you may need a warning about long posts today, well this is a long post! lol
Many thanks if you remain with me until the end.

Here we go again with another Sketch N Stash Challenge, can you believe we're up to #123?
Our optional theme this time is Pearl and Swirls, right up my street!
 
We are being sponsored again by A Day For Daisies who are offering one lucky winner a $10 voucher to spend in their online store. 
For my card I have used the gorgeous 'Hepburn Dress' image which is absolutely FREE from their store.

Card Details:
* Image - A Day For Daisies 'Hepburn Dress'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Prima 'Almanac'
* Punch - Paper Shapers 'Wave Flourish'
* Everything else from my stash

I hope you can join in with us, the DT have given you lots of inspiration with their wonderful cards again, just take a look.

On another topic completely, it was my birthday last Thursday (I won't tell you which one because I'd rather not think about it, suffice to say I'm staying the same age as last year and I'm planning on counting backwards for all future ones!) and I had the most wonderful day. I received some lovely cards, some of them stunning hand-crafted ones.
My darling hubby bought me a beautiful ring, well I chose it you understand, but he bought it. This is not at all my usual style but I absolutely fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.
Then my 3 best friends and I went on a girly day out shopping to Norwich where I purchased a new winter coat (love, love, love it!) and a gorgeous pair of earrings and in the evening one of my friends cooked an italian birthday dinner for 7 of us. How spoilt was I? It must rank as one of my best birthdays ever, coming in at a close 2nd to last year's 'big one'.
I can't believe how much my life has changed in the 2+ years since moving up to this village in Norfolk, DH and I have made the best friends of our lives here and we've never had such a busy social life or so many fun times, we both love it.

Congratulations to anyone still reading, you made it to the end, consider yourself a true friend! lol

11 comments:

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card Chrissie and a fabulous ring. Not seen anything like that before.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday and are enjoying your life in Norfolk. I still miss the village I lived in down there but luckily still keep in touch with the fab friends I made there.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Chrissie. I love that image and the colours are gorgeous.
WOW! Such a stunning ring, I can see why you choose it. I am pleased that you had a good birthday, it sounds like you have some wonderful friends
hugs Sue xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

So glad to hear you had a lovely birthday Chrissie and your ring is beautiful sounds like you have a lovely life where you live too xx
Your card is so lovely, I love the image and the papers look perfect with it xx

Debs said...

Your card is so beautiful Chrissie but your ring is stunning!!!
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie, I like the image the papers and the swirls, that ring is beautiful.
Kevin xx

Vivi Casale said...

what a beautiful card Chrissie and gorgeous ring!!!

what a great birthday day you had with blessed friends!!! Congrats my Dear!!!

xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Delightful card sweetie, love it. Gorgeous ring as well. Glad you had a super birthday.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Julie said...

Hi Chrissie - your card is gorgeous, I love the colours and that image is wonderful! Love your ring too, it's gorgeous! Sounds like you had the best of days for your birthday, Big hugs, Juliexx

~@ngie~ said...

a gorgeous card & image... love the dp's too & OH EM GEEEEE... I love the ring... soooooo pretty :) am glad ya had a wonderful birthday darl... ya deserve the best of everything :)

love n hugz Angie xXx

Doreen said...

beautiful card Chrissie. So elegant. Love the soft colours
Hugs
Doreen xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Fabulous card Chrissie and wow what a beautiful ring too
Hugs Julie x