Friday 28 November 2008

Suzanne's First Card Challenge


My friend and fellow "Sheenie" Suzanne has posted her first ever card challenge. She is such a lovely lady who always makes such stunning cards and her blog is full of tutorials and tips to help you make wonderful cards too. If you haven't already visited her, please do pop over. Make sure that you've got a few hours to spare though as you won't be able to drag yourself away easily, trust me!
The challenge is: make a card using letters as the main feature - can be the whole card or letters on the base of a standard card - you chose
Well, I've made all my christmas cards now except for my sons' cards, so I decided to use this challenge to make my youngest son's card.
The card size is A4 folded lengthwise and I used large stencils to cut out the "Noel" in silver glitter card. The letters have been embellished with some Magnolia images and star peel-offs.
The little Magnolia images were a gift from my lovely friend Becky and just a small part of a whole pad full of images that she enclosed with my christmas card. Thank you Becky, I love all of the images, but didn't think I'd be using them so soon! They have been coloured with my much loved ProMarkers.

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow - firstly thank you so much for taking part as I know this time of year everyone is so busy - as with the others that have taken up the challenge
It`s a fabulous design that I love - i`m finding i`m trying to do some cards as well as my blog entry too as it`s great the can mix

I have just looked at your blog lists too and I didn`t know half the sheenies had blogs so I can see i`m going to be busy and non Sheenie`s too
I will be back when I have more time
Thank you also for the kind words about my blog - I enjoy doing them
Take care and thanks again
Suzanne

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Chrissie this is fantastic what a brilliant card and love the Cute tilda images they go so well, beautifully coloured as always
Hugs Jacqui

Irene said...

Chrissie

Your card is just gorgeous, I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Rosietoes said...

Superb Chrissie. A great card for the challenge.:)
BTW the wee bags you were asking me about are on the CD so it looks as though it will be on your list right enough. LOL

Ann Whitfield said...

A fabulous card Chrissie - I'm sure Gareth will be delighted with it
Ann x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Adorable card ,so cute ,love it ,Dawnxx

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Chrissie. Must get my skates on
Beryl x

Annie said...

Oh Chrissie this is just fantastic. You clever thing - I haven't done one for Suzanne yet but I must!!

Just a quick word about the 'Sticky stuff remover' - I get mine from Betterware. I don't use it on mirri card (it might take the metallic coating off) only on acetate.
Ann xxx

Beryl said...

Great card Chrissie. I'll have to try and take part in this challenge. Love the little folk around the letters.
Beryl xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is brilliant - and a challenge I am going to have on the top of my list today!

Rach said...

Stunning Chrissie, a fabulous card, hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous card Chrissie...perfect with the Magnolia images.
Carole x

Becky said...

Wow! What a fabulous card Chrissie and I'm so glad you're making use of the images!! They look like they've coloured brilliantly on the paper from the pad, bet you'll be stamping onto your old papers now lol!!
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Ooh this is brilliant sweetie, what a fabulous card!!

hugs Bev x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Fab card im sure your son will love it
Didnt know about Suzanne doin g a challenge,so i will take a look when ive got more time

wendy xx