Monday 19 January 2009

Sketch and Stash Challenge #2


Hi everyone, well it's time for Becky's second sketch over at the Sketch and Stash Challenge Blog, and it's another fabulous one!

Please pop over and take a look at the DT cards from Becky and Lisa and try to find time to enter if you can. We had a fabulous response to our first challenge and it would be lovely to get a similar response again this time.

For Challenge 2 we have a Guest Designer spot available for Challenge 3 and Challenge 4. If you would like to be considered please add GD to your comment. And don't worry about "not being good enough" that doesn't apply at Sketch and Stash!! The GD call will close at Midnight on Friday as this will give the Guest Designer a full week to create their card, but you can continue to enter the challenge for fun until our next challenge on 2nd Feb.

As I've been totally out of ideas for a while, I decided to use the sketch as the basis for my nephew's 6th birthday card and so 'kill two birds with one stone' so to speak, hence the sentiment and name on my card. As little Robert has recently started wearing glasses I thought 'Back to School' Edwin might be the perfect choice for him.
Edwin, along with the fab swing, are both Magnolia images that I hadn't managed to use yet, but as Rob is 'all boy' I wanted to keep the card as plain and simple as possible.

Card Details:
* Backing papers and border strips from my stash
* Magnolia Edwin and Tree from an image swap
* Images coloured with Pro Markers
* Sentiment produced on PC


I'm feeling a little brighter lately, (I'm sure this probably has something to do with all the messages of support and encouragement that I've been receiving from you all) so I'm hoping that I'll be posting and blogging regularly again very soon. I've managed to visit all my favourite blogs in the last couple of days (my you've all been busy!) and gained some much needed inspiration, in fact I think I might hear my little Mojo knocking at the door now! (Thanks to my friend Rica who sent him home to me after she found him wandering around her local park eating a hot dog)

35 comments:

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is wonderful Chrissie, love that image of Edwin and I don't think I have used him yet either!This is very strange for me - I made a card last night for this week's MTTC and it is virtually spot on for the sketch!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissie I love the card its beautiful yet simple not over the top.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Annie said...

Great card Chrissie.

Ann xxx

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Chrissie, I love the cute scene you have created and your colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

Unknown said...

Awww!! that card is soooo cute!!
Good to see you back and crafting, and glad to hear that you're feeling brighter.
Looking forward to joining in with the challenge again.
XX

Heather said...

Chrissie - it's a gorgeous boy card.
I just love Edwin with his 'specs' on he is so cute.
I've just left you an award on my blog but notice you've already got it. Tough - you got it twice now - at least you won't have to pass it on again (lol)
hugs Heather xxx
Hope Mojo arrived safely!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Chrisse, I like Edwin on the swing :-)
Have a good week.
Hugs
Carole x

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Chrissie - I'm sure your nephew will love it
Ann x

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love this card great the way you have used edwin. Pascale :)

Heide said...

I just saw your card on the Challenge Blog this afternoon. It is so cute!
Wonderful little scene!

Hugs

Heide

Wendy said...

Great card
Wendy x

Linnie said...

i love that stamp i do not own it though fab card simple yet effective.
linniexxx

Beryl said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie. Glad to see you're getting back in the groove. Hope your health continues to improve.
Beryl xx

Becky said...

I love your card Chrissie!! And I'm glad you found your mojo, that's so funny! Thanks for all your hard work once again this week, you're a star!!
Love Becky xx

Holly Young said...

Really cute card; just perfect for a boy. So glad to hear your mojo has been found!

Wheezie said...

Great card Chrissie
x Wheezie x

Beryl K said...

I love your card Wendy,
Beryl x

Sandra Wright. said...

Really cute card Chrissie, love his little glasses!

Hugs Sandie x

Wheezie said...

Hi Chrissie sorry back again there's an award for you on my blog
x Wheezie x

Jane's Blogs said...

What a cute card. Somehow I missed seeing this. Glad I caught it in the end. Beautifully made as always.

Jane xx

Sammi said...

gorgeous card Chrissie!!
Edwin looks GREAT!
Sammi
xxx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hi Sweety, theres a little something for you on my blog,if you go look
Wendy xx

Rita said...

Love your Card, Edwin looks just great . Hugs Rita xxxx

Rosietoes said...

Great card Chrissie, I must take myself over to see the latest sketch. It doesn't seem any time since the last one!
I've left you a little something on my blog today. :)

Irene said...

Hello Chrissie

Love the card, and nice to see you blogging again.

Love the little spectacles.

luv
irene
xxxx

Lavender Breeze said...

A great card Chrissie, fits the occasion perfectly :)

Jo XX

Jilli said...

Fab card, love the scene you've created. Jillix

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute. The image is so darling. I need more Magnolias.

Anne said...

What a fab card Chrissie. Hope you continue to feel brighter and your mojo will soon pop out from its hiding place. lol x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow hun this is fabulous, I just love this great little Edwin. I am so pleased to hear you are feeling a little better hun, just keep your chin up and remember we are all here for you
big Hugs
Jacqui x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,lovely colours and image ,hugs Dawnxxx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Chrissie sorry not visted sooner just not had the time thanks for your comment on my card. Love your edwin acrd as soon as I saw it on the sketch and stash blog I liked it. Well done it's a great design

Maria Matter said...

Chrissie, this is wonderful! Surely Edwin is enjoying being the focus of your lovely card!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

this is a sweet card chrissie !!! wonderful !!!
thanks for the lovely comment .
hugs tina46

Ali Watson said...

Super card Chrisse, just love Edwin.