Thursday 22 January 2009

A Sympathy Card



Well, as promised I made it back to post a card today, although not one I wanted to make.
I find sympathy cards so difficult, luckily I don't have to make them very often. However, our best friends have just experienced a very sad loss so I had to make one today.
I wanted to use a tranquil image and decided on this Serendipity stamp called 'Spring in Provence' which I purchased ages ago from Joanna Sheen's website. I love this range of stamps and they look lovely when stamped and left, but I decided to colour this one in earthy tones.

Details:
* 'Spring in Provence' stamp by Serendipity from Joanna Sheen
* Backing papers - Laura Ashley
* Scalloped circle - Nestability
* Sentiment tag - part of a kit from QVC
* Borders - border punch from Ebay
* Image stamped with Distress Inks and coloured using Pro Markers
* Scalloped circle distressed with Dew Drop 'Pearlescent Beige'


I don't often stamp as I'm not very good at it, but I think I may have to buy some more of this range when I get some funds!

22 comments:

PixieHouse Creations said...

Truly inspirational Chrissie,like you say a hard card to make,but you have made this Just perfect!
Great to see you posting again sweety
Wendy xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is Gorgeous. I love the borders. Sympathy cards are so hard, making something for such a sad occasion. Kim

Elaine ♥ said...

Beautifully done Chrissie, I am sure they will appreciate it :)

Elaine x

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautifully and tastefully done Chrissie - as far as I can see, you are a very good stamper!
Ann x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really lovely Chrissie and serene. I think you are great at stamping you don't seem to have a problem with it at all. Great to see you about again. Cathy xxxx

Christine said...

A beautiful card Chrissie, it will be much appreciated
Hugs
Christine xx

Unknown said...

It's a lovely card Chrissie, not too fussy and just right for a sympathy card. I always find them difficult to make too.

Rita said...

A really nice card , its so hard to make these cards . But I think this is beautiful and not too sombre either. Well Done Chrissie xxx

Becky said...

A beautiful card for a very sad occasion Chrissie, you've managed the balance perfectly.
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Sympathy cards are so difficult to make, but you've made a beauty here Chrissie

hugs Bev x

Annie said...

Beautiful Chrissie - that image is gorgeous and you have presented it beautifully.

Ann xxx

Wendy said...

This is beautiful
Wendy x

Sandra Wright. said...

Tastefully made Chrissie,not the best type of card to make. Your choice of image is just perfect for this occasion.Good choice of colours too,very soft.

Hugs Sandie xx

Anne said...

What a beautiful card Chrissie and very appropriate. Not an easy card to make but you've done it girl x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Chrissy, sympathy cards are so difficult to make but this is a lovely comforting card that you have made. I certainly think you need to save your pennies for more stamps as this card is perfect. Kym xxx

Irene said...

Chrissie

Good to have you back blogging, your card is soooooooo gorgeous I love it. Beautiful, tasteful and perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Chrissie this is perfect for a sympathy card, just the right note I adore that stamp and you have coloured it perfectlt
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

Wonderful card Chrissie, it is always difficult to make sympathy cards but you have dne agreat job. I'm sure your friends will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Have a great weekend. Debbie x

Jane's Blogs said...

A beautiful card as always. I have left you a pressie on my blog ... enjoy.

Jane xx

Beryl K said...

It's just perfect Chrissie
Beryl x

Beryl said...

Oh this is lovely. I have this stamp and have to confess I've never used it on a card as I've never been happy with it when coloured. I obviously need some lessons from you.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

This is a most appropriate card. Really peaceful looking.