Thursday 22 January 2009
A Sympathy Card
Well, as promised I made it back to post a card today, although not one I wanted to make.
I find sympathy cards so difficult, luckily I don't have to make them very often. However, our best friends have just experienced a very sad loss so I had to make one today.
I wanted to use a tranquil image and decided on this Serendipity stamp called 'Spring in Provence' which I purchased ages ago from Joanna Sheen's website. I love this range of stamps and they look lovely when stamped and left, but I decided to colour this one in earthy tones.
* 'Spring in Provence' stamp by Serendipity from Joanna Sheen
* Backing papers - Laura Ashley
* Scalloped circle - Nestability
* Sentiment tag - part of a kit from QVC
* Borders - border punch from Ebay
* Image stamped with Distress Inks and coloured using Pro Markers
* Scalloped circle distressed with Dew Drop 'Pearlescent Beige'
I don't often stamp as I'm not very good at it, but I think I may have to buy some more of this range when I get some funds!