Tuesday 22 June 2010

Messy does Christmas!

Yay! I did it! I made it for 2 weeks in a row with my Christmas cards! No matter what else falls by the wayside I MUST try to keep up with these so I have a box full by the big day.
I also managed to fit my card into all the Christmas challenges I could find again too (this can't possibly last! LOL!)
My one problem with this card was that there was so little colour on it (other than white) that my scanner would only recognise it as a grey scale image. So, you'll have to trust me when I say that Messy's jumper is really pale blue and the mistletoe leaves are a very pale green, oh, and there's some Stickles on the tree and the snow.
The Xmas challenges this week are:
ABC Xmas - Mistletoe
Bah! Humbug! - A Child's Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Festive Tree
Die Cut Dreams - All White
Fab's Christmas Challenge - Toppers
My Time To Craft - Yuletide in June
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Christmas in June
and I think it also fits with:
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Embossing
Craftalicious - Monotone

I need to explain that my backing paper is Crafty Ann's again (surprise!) but I've popped some white holly vellum over the top, so it's now difficult impossible to see!
Card Details:
* Image - Messy Rabbit stamp from Joanna Sheen, Magnolia Misteltoe stamp and Cuttlebug Tree
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Crafty Ann's Woodgrain 'Earth tones - Stone'
* Everything else from my stash

I'll be back tomorrow with my WOYWW photo and if you don't know what I'm talking about, pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground blog and read all about it.
Thanks for visiting buddies and take care.

23 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Chrissie,So beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Doreen said...

A beautiful card Chrissie.xxx

Fab said...

Gorgeous card ! X Fab

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Chrissie...I bet it looks even more beautiful in real life with the colour on it. Keep up the good work...so glad to see your crafting is fighting through and shining once again.

Lots of love Sheila xx

Annie said...

Can't believe how many challenges you combine Chrissie - there should be an award for that alone.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! again and well done on keeping up with the cards especially fabby ones like this.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Chrissie! Love all the grey tones, it looks so effective!! xx

Ann Whitfield said...

I bet this is stunning in real life Chrissie - it looks lovely on here despite what your scanner has done to it and I'm glad you managed to join us this time.
Ann x

Crystal said...

OOOO Chrissie this is GREAT, LOVE LOVE the white tones...!! AWESOME!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is sooo sweet, I love Messy with his Jumper, looks like something I might make!!! LOL Hazelxo

Trisha said...

Oh what a cute card! Love the buny image! too sweet! Thanks for playing this week at DCD Christmas challenge! xoxo Trisha

downrightcrafty said...

oh this is so sweet and he looks treat stood near his tree, great embossing. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week, do hope you will play along again for the next challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Lorraine A said...

absolutely stunning card Chrissie :-) I love this Messy Rabbit and the tree is fab ! The white and grey tones are just so striking :-)

thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and hop :-)

luv
Lols x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely embossed tree and love that rabbit. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

Lavender Rose said...

Awwww what a sweet card, it's lovely Chrissie. Well done on thinking of all those challenges too!

Max said...

We believe you Chrissie =)
Well done on managing to combine so many challenges and thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Beryl said...

Hi Chrissie - great to see you are managing some crafting. This card looks fab even in monochrome - it must be stunning IRL.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Beryl xx

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great job combining all those challenges together! Hope you had fun. thanks for joining the Digital Tuesday challenge this week.

Annie said...

thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas challenge and good luck with the blog hop!
hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

This is lovely love the crisp feel to the card. Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge Blog.

Jayne xx

Michelle Pearson said...

bet this is even more fabby IRL!
thanks for playing the digital tuesday challenge!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card...such a sweet image!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

PS - don't forget to leave a comment on the DTs blogs to be in with a chance of winning the hidden candies!

Lacey Stephens said...

Great card! Such a lovely design! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!! If you haven't left comments on the DT blogs, you still have a few hours to do so to be entered into the individual candies for the blog hop!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie, love the all white cards.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious, hope you can play next challenge too
hugs Mandy xx