Thursday 24 June 2010

Molly's Card

Hi everyone, I warned you I may be back today didn't I? This is a birthday card for a very special little girl, my great-niece Molly (I know! who'd have thought I was that old??!!) she'll be 2 and she's the most adorable poppet.

I thought this card fitted the bill perfectly at Just Magnolia this week plus a few other places (you know I'm having such fun with all these challenges) so the list is:
Just Magnolia 60 - In the Garden
Stamp Something - Summer
Sir Stampalot - Punch It
Crafty Calender - Bugs and Beasties
Sunday Stamptacular - Cute as a Bug
Crafts and Me - Birthdays

I actually made an easel card again, not something I'd do for just anyone, so Molly's definitely someone pretty special!
Card Details:
* Image - Magnolia 'Fairy Tale Tilda'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Papermania 'Blueberry Hill'
* Punches - Martha Stewart 'Monarch Butterfly' and EK Success 'Retro Flower'
* Sentiment - PC generated
* Everything else from my stash

I always worry that people (non-crafters) may not quite know what to do with an easel card, will they work out how to stand it up? Well with this one I've stuck a little label on the back showing exactly what to do and I think I'll do this with any I make from now on, just in case!
I got the idea from a lovely crafting friend and fellow 'Sheenie' Sheila. She doesn't have a blog, but visits mine regularly and never fails to lift my spirits with her lovely comments. She also sent me a gorgeous friendship book filled with wonderful sentiments and goodies (like tassels, charms and punched flowers) to cheer me up and let me know she was thinking of me recently when I was very low. Aren't I lucky to have friends like this? 

Thank you for all your visits and comments crafting buddies and take care


18 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

No doubt Chrissie, this global internet village is the best thing. But to have a friend you have to be one...works both ways. Sheila's gift is lovely.
Molly's card is so cute, and a great idea for assembly instructions..way better than visiting to find your creation propped up sideways on the mantelpiece!!

Doreen said...

The card you have made for Molly is beautiful,it is amazing the gorgeous people you come across in blogland.Take care.xxx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Bless you Chrissie for mentioning me on your blog. You're such a dear friend and you're always there for me.
As for Molly's card I love it, love it, love it as I am sure Molly will too. You have given me inspiration for my great niece's card who will be 3 in July.
Many thanks again.

Lots of love Sheila xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a really cute and gorgeous card Chrissie, I know that it will be aprreciated. The little book you were sent is gorgeous and it is good to have friends.
Cathy
xxxxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous Chrissy,i love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Molly is a lucky young lady Chrissie this card is just fabulous!
Ann x

Barbara said...

Molly is lucky to have a GREAT-Aunt like you and she will love the card. I love to make easel cards and often sell them in my shop or send them to others. Especially in the shop I keep them folded and packaged in a clear box so they don't get damaged. But on the back of the box I place a photo of the assembled card, since I take photos of them anyway for the blog. It's worked great so far.

Blogland is a wonderful place, for sure. Distance seems to disappear! So, here's a hug across cyberspace.

Barb

brenda said...

Hi Chrissie

I have exactly the same worry with easel cards, I know it looks obvious to us when we make them, but I always feel I ought to put a little note with them.

Both tour cards are goreous, thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Jane said...

Gorgeous card - love the cloud background! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

pinky said...

This is ubber cute and adorable. Love it Chrissie.
Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Mina said...

oooohhhh your Mollys card is just beautiful Chrissie...thats a great idea from your friend about the label and how beautiful is the gift she sent you...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissie hope you are keeping well. I am so loving these cards what wonderful attention to detail that first card is awesome loving that image of Tilda and the butterflies, papers and I adore the fold it looks great thank you for joining our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Annette said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Francesca said...

A wonderful card , I love the image and colours . thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. Love the image and gorgeous papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge! Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

gina g said...

Such a pretty card for Molly. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s Challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Vixykins said...

Big thumbs up from me! My DD Molly was 2 on the day you posted this :D And I made her a magnolia fairytales one too :D

Beeeeeautiful!

Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me challenge x