Friday 18 June 2010

Pirate Tilda - such a cute cupcake

Hi everyone, my card today uses one of the Magnolia 'Fairy tale' images, she's called Pirate Tilda (you'd never have guessed would you?) and I think she's adorable, but then I think most of this range are cute as cupcakes!
I used the sketch from this week's Passion for Promarkers challenge and it wasn't until I'd finished the card that I realised there was also a theme involved which was 'a male themed card' so if this doesn't fit the challenge just throw me out.
I think my card also fits some other challenges, so I'm entering it for the following:
Passion for Promarkers #56 - Sketch & Theme
Simon Says Stamp - Pirates!
Crafts & Me - Friends & Family
Bunny Zoe's Challenge #1 - Nice & Girly

The main backing paper is again one of Crafty Ann's (I just love these papers and this colour was perfect for my Pirate theme!) and I managed to use up some cuttlebugged card and paper scraps on this card, which is quite unusual for me, my scrap box is HUGE!
I also got to use my brand new EK Success 'Wave Flourish' punch, I have wanted this for ages and it's now available from Joanna Sheen's store. This has to be one of my favourite places to shop as the customer service is second to none, the delivery is superfast and it's free p&p What more could a girl want?

Card Details:
* Image - Magnolia 'Pirate Tilda'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Crafty Ann's 'Abstract 2 - Dark Grey'
* Sentiment - PC generated
* Punches - EK Success 'Retro Flower' and 'Wave Flourish'
* Everything else from my stash

My apologies for the awful picture, but my scanner didn't want to play today.

Thanks to all you neat and tidy crafters who left comments on my WOYWW post, what a relief to know I'm not alone, in fact I think there may be a lot more of us than anyone guessed. Come on all you tidy girls and boys, confess and join our 'neat freaks' club LOL!

19 comments:

Rach said...

a fantastic card hun, fab sentiment.xx

Jane's Blogs said...

What a fabulous card.

Jane xx

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Chrissie,isn't that the most adorable tilda image,and your colouring is superb.xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous pirate card, love the colour combo, very striking.
luv
Debby

Sheila - Ginger said...

Great card Chrissie....such a cute image and love the colours.

Lots of love Sheila xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Chrissie, being tidy isn't a BAD thing!! Love the detail and texture you've added to pirate Tilda, cute card.

KraftyKoolKat said...

She is a little Darling and I love what you have done with her.
Cathy xxx

Anonymous said...

This little pirate is one of my fave stamps !!! Your card is just gorgeous !!!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
Hugs
Mag :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute sentiment and card! I like the flower in the bottom left, especially!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chrissie,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Annika said...

Real fab colouring and loving the colour scheme. Those little pirates are so cute! And I think it should fit for man's card OK, there's no rule you can't have a female image on mans card. No that I know of.
Hugs
Annika

Kathy said...

Cute Card Chrissie! Oh, now that's a great name for a challenge blog!

Julie said...

Super card - your colour scheme is wonderful, as is your colouring of this little Tilda!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Chrissie and Pirate Tilda is so cute isn't she? I've yet to get mine inked up, must do that :D. Love your colouring and design and the papers are perfect for her I agree. Have a great weekend. Chris x

Unknown said...

Fab sentiment, it made me giggle!

Love that tilda image, im yet to ink her up : (

love emma xxx

Mina said...

wow Chrissie shes fabulous, great colours for her too...theres nothing wrong with the image looks great to me
Mina xxx

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card ,, such a cute Pirate :-) Love the papers and colours you used too ,,, perfect :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Tax Evadin' Elanor Bonny (aka Lols) :-) x x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Chrissie,
This is gorgeous. What a shame it doesn't fit the challenge. But thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at PF>
Hugs,
Andie xx

Lavender Rose said...

Amazing, I love this card. Tilda is beautifully coloured and I think I spotted her in your WOYWW 54 post (far left of the photo).