Wednesday 27 May 2009

Birthday cards for a Special Person

Hi everyone, I hate the fact that I'm being such a bad blogger lately, and I'm really looking forward to being back creating, posting and entering challenges soon. Unfortunately, due to a family illness we're spending a lot of time travelling up and down the country at the moment and everything else is taking a back seat to these real life problems.
I have quite a few birthdays coming up soon for 'special people' though, so I've had to unpack my Mojo and get cracking!
The first VIP birthday is for my beautiful DIL on 30th May and I'd already made her card from us, so I just needed to make a card from my Mum and that would be it.....or so I thought! My darling son arrived on Saturday to ask if I'd make a card from him. Now I don't mind at all as I love making 'girly' cards, but he never has any ideas about the sort of thing he wants and leaves it totally up to me which can make things a little difficult, to say the least! Anyway, I made the card (he hasn't seen it yet so I hope they both like it lol!) and this is it.

Card Details:
* Image - Charmed Crafts digital download 'Madison goes to the ball'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Backing papers and adhesive lace - K & Co
* Flowers - Fred, She Said 'freebie' download
* Everything else from my stash
I used an 'envelope template' which I purchased through Joanna Sheen's forum last year to help raise money for a charity, but had never got around to using. I think I quite like the final result, at least it's something a little bit different from my usual cards.


This is the card I made for DIL from my Mum and I've used one of the sweet little 'Miss Anya' images that I recently received in a RAK. My DIL loves her designer bags, so I thought this one would be right up her street, I've used quite a lot of glitter on this card too so it's extra 'girly', unfortunately you can't see it on the scan.

I have my son's birthday coming up on June 10th, my nephew's on 20th and my best friend's on 28th, so even if I don't manage to do much else, I'll be posting these.

Please accept my thanks for your continuing visits and wonderful comments, they're really cheering me up!

13 comments:

Annie said...

Fabulous work Chrissie - love both cards.

Ann xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Chrissie,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Beryl said...

Lovely to see these two beautiful cards Chrissie. Your DIL will love them I'm sure.
Take care of yourselves.
Hugs
Beryl xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two very beautiful cards Chrissie love them both so glad you could post them. Hope everything will be ok and look forward to your return.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Crystal said...

These are soooo beautiful!!! Wow love them both!

Anne said...

Love both your cards Chrissie, I know your DIL will be delighted. Don't worry about us lot, blogging is way down your list of priorities at the moment and we all understand. Take care xx

Becky said...

Both beautiful cards chrissie, love the images, I think I will use this Madison image for a card I need to make, it's perfect for girlie cards isn't it (and not too cute and childish!!)
Love Becky xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are lovely Chrissie, I hope your hectic life settles soon and your family will be back in good health. I have left something for you on my blog when you have time. Cathy xxxx

Wheezie said...

Fabulous cards Chrissie
Hope things get back to normal for you asap
Take care
x Wheezie x

Rach said...

these are gorgeous Chrissie, i am sure that they are going to be loves.
hope that all will be ok your end soon. xxx

Jane's Blogs said...

Beautiful and so different. Everything perfect.

Jane xx

Anonymous said...

They will both absolutely love it Chrissie and your mojo certainly hasn't gone rusty, that's for sure!
Ann x

Jill said...

2 gorgeous card Chrissie I love your colouring and the images are gorgeous hugs Jill xx