Monday 4 May 2009

A card for a Mother



Hi everyone, I hope you had a good day today even though the weather wasn't as good as it has been lately. We decided to risk a shower and pop to the boot sale this morning and I'm so glad we did as I found some lovely bits (not crafting though unfortunately!)

My card today is for Mother's Day. 'You're too late!!' I hear you all cry, but fear not dear friends I didn't forget my lovely Mum until now, for this is not British Mother's Day so we're OK.
The card is for two challenges, the first being Kellie's Magnolia Challenge and the second is Our Creative Corner, both of which want a Mothers Day card.
This is the first time that I've used this Tilda, but I thought she looked a bit 'Mumsy' in her little hat.

Card Details:
* Image - Magnolia
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Lace paper - Joanna Sheen
* Borders and corners - K & Co
* Everything else - my stash

The little flower frame that Tilda's sitting on is from the 'Greetings factory' CD, which I've had forever and always seems to turn up trumps when I'm desperately searching for a particular thing.
The colour of the card looks very orange in the scan, but IRL it is more of an apricot and matches the lace papers and the colour I've used on Tilda.

31 comments:

Carole said...

Oh this is so special, what a fabulous card. Love the image and your wonderful colouring.
Hugs
Carole x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chrissie,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Manuela said...

a wonderful card! love the papers and the tilda is so sweet :D

Beryl said...

I was wondering about the seating arrangement and then read that it's from Greeting card factory. I've not seen that so I must have an older version. Anyway, the whole card is beautiful.
Beryl xx

Kit said...

this is lovely I particularly like the little white accents on the Magnolia image

Tab said...

Oh what a stunning card, love the image and those papers are fabulous, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

So pretty hun, love the exquisite colour scheme and the beautiful image x

Kellie said...

Thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Kelx

Sandra Wright. said...

This is just the perfect image Chrissie, she looks absolutely delightful in her little "mumsie" hat. A beautiful card,no doubt for a beautiful lady,I'm sure your mum will love it.

Hugs Sandie xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Aw how cute is she?!! I haven't got this one yet but looking at your beautiful card I think I may need it!

coldwaters2 said...

Chrissie what can I say....it is stunning those papers your layout and Tilda it all looks fabulous wow I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card
Wendy x

Irene said...

Hello Chrissie

Your card is so beautiful, and wonderful, I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Faye Butterworth said...

What a pretty card, look forward to seeing more of your work.

Annie said...

Beautiful card Chrissie - love the colours you have used. I agree the hat makes her a little mumsy.

Ann xxx

Eunice said...

Hi Chrissie,another beautiful card I love your backing papers so elegant Eunice X

Anonymous said...

Oh Chrissie, this is just lovely and Tilda is so sweet!
Ann x

Rita said...

Another lovely card Chrissie. Hugs Rita xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda she looks fab.
luv
Debby

Crystal said...

awww Chrissie your mom will love this, what a great card to give...such an adorable image, your coloring is fantastic!!!

Kristie said...

What a cute Tilda! This is a lovely card Chrissie. Thanks for joining in at MDUC :)

cats whiskers said...

Hi Chrissie Just adore this card what a great tilda image and fabulous colouring, those papers are just delish
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

What a sweet card Chrissie, I love the image and the colours are so pretty. Debbie x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card so pretty and gorgeoues ,hugs Dawnxxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,beautiful colours and papers!!! I love the frame and floral arrangement around Tilda!Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
xx

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! The image is so sweet and the delicate lace and flowers frame her perfectly. Love your coloring, too.

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the flowers and colours - just beautiful!
xXx

Robin said...

This is sooooo sweet!! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Chrissie, I love Tilda's little hat, she's so sweet!
Hope you have a lovely weekend my sweet!
Love Becky xx

Wheezie said...

Fab card Chrissie and that stamp it adorable, love the colours you have used.

x Wheezie x

Lavender Rose said...

Chrissie I don't know what to say, your card is really stunning, absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!