Sunday 31 May 2009

A First for me!


Hi everyone!
Well, they say it never rains but it pours, and this seems to be especially true for my cardmaking at the moment.
As I told you in my last post I have lots of special birthdays coming up over the next month and need to try to regain my Mojo to get the cards made.
Well, following a phone conversation with my aunt a couple of days ago, it now appears that my great niece, Francesca is making her first Holy Communion soon (being a great aunt makes me feel ancient!).
I wanted to make a card, but never having done one for this type of occasion before I wasn't sure what was involved. I knew that I wanted to use the Gorjuss Girls image 'Guardian Angel' and, following some advice from crafting friends on Joanna Sheen's forum, I decided to keep the main sentiment simple. The inside of the card is decorated with matching papers and the following verse:
From this day on may the Truth of God's Word
Grow strong in your Heart,
And may the gentle love of Jesus
Fill your life, Now and Always

I hope this card is appropriate for the occasion and that Francesca likes it.

Card Details:
* Image - Gorjuss Girl 'Guardian Angel'
* Medium - Promarkers
* Mats - Nestabilities plain and scalloped Classic Circle Large
* Punch - Martha Stewart Doily Lace
* Flower - Freebie download from Jak
* Everything else from my stash

I tried to get this to fit in with one of the challenges for this week, but unfortunately I just couldn't find anything that fitted, so that's another week that I haven't managed to enter any challenge blogs, oh well!

I'm just editing this post to say a big 'Thank you' to Suzanne for letting me know that I can enter this card into the Passion for Promarkers challenge. It's an open challenge this week as it's the very first one and there are some fabulous prizes up for grabs, so I'll keep everything crossed that I may be lucky!
The colour promarkers I used on this card were:
Ivory, Primrose, Soft Lime, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Pastel Green, Cool Grey 1 and Rose Pink.

27 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Christine this is beautiful how about entering your card for the new passion for pro markers challenge anything goes as long as you use pro markers which you have and there are some fantastic prizes... pop over to my blog for details it finishes Tuesday. Sue :o)

Wendy said...

Great card
Wendy x

Lena Katrine said...

I'll bet Francesca's gonna love the gerogeous card, with the beautiful sentiment!

Have a great sunday! Hugs, Lena

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Chrissie and I'm sure that it'll be prefect for the occasion
Ann x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card Chrissie - perfect for the occasion!

Beryl said...

How lovely to make a card for a first communion and this is so beautiful. (I bet she won't get anything else even half as nice. )
I do like the font you've used. If you get a chance could you let me know which one it is please?
Hugs
Beryl xx

Lavender Rose said...

Oh Chrissie, this is beautiful!!!! You have done a wonderful job, it's perfect for the occasion and I love that image, never seen that particular stamp before.

Barbara said...

Chrissie, this card is perfectly appropriate for Francesca's first communion! She will treasure this keepsake of her blessed occasion for her whole life. Beautiful card, so precious, and the verse inside is truly a blessing.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Chrissie and I think it's perfect for a holy communion, love the image and your colouring is wonderful hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chrissie,l love the image and colour..


ZO MOOI.......
Hugs Riet.x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Chrissie, what a beautiful card. The gorjuss image is stunning and your colouring is fab. Great colour scheme too. Thanks for joining the first challenge over at PFP. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

Sandra Wright. said...

How beautiful, not only the front of your card,but the verse inside as well.

Hugs Sandie x

Annie said...

Beautiful Chrissie.

Ann xxx

DillyDilly said...

Christine - its a very pretty card & i'm sure your niece will love it

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie. Francesca will love this card. Beautiful colouring also. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Caryn said...

Hey, well done Sue for getting you to enter this in to the PFP challenge. It's just stunning. Thanks for joining in and good luck.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ida / Little said...

Hi Christine, I think our image is great for a communion card! And who can not love a Gorjuss girl? :) Thanks for joining us at Pfp, hopefully our challenges will help you get some of your Mojo back! :)

Hugs Ida

helen said...

what a beautiful card and just perfect for a holy communion
thanks for entering the challenge at PfP ,good luck
hugs
helen x

Natalie said...

Beautiful card, thanks for entering the PFP challenge, good luck. x

coldwaters2 said...

Its so nice to see your postings again Chrissie and wow this was worth waiting for it s so beautiful and perfect for the occasion. So glad you could enter it into a challenge.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card Chrissie - I love your card, really like how you've used the stripy papers
thanks for joining us at PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Rita said...

You have done a wonderful job Chrissie, I'm sure it will be treasured too. Top Marks. Hugs Rita xxx

Irene said...

Hello Chrissie

Just catching up with your cards and they are amazing. I love them.

luv
irene
xxxx

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is truly beautiful! I love the stamp!

Suzanne said...

This is soo sweet so glad you joined us in the PFP first challenge and good luck, Sue :o)

Anne said...

Fabulous xx

Becky said...

Such a gorgeous card Chrissie, you did a fantastic job! I've never made one of these before either!
Love Becky xx