Sunday 14 September 2008

Back to Vintage


Good evening, well today I've finally managed to get quite a few cards made.
As some of you may know, my first love is "vintage" especially the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods (closely followed by my new love of "cuties") and as it seemed like ages since I'd made any of these and I was in the mood today, I thought I'd make up for lost time.
I've actually made 6 cards today, although I printed the images a couple of days ago, so if you are visiting me over the next few days, be prepared!
I've been collecting vintage images from all over the place for years now, so I have a huge amount of images but no idea where they originally came from I'm afraid.
All of the cards are very simple, as the images are so fabulous I didn't want to detract from them by making the cards too fussy.
The card I'm sharing today has the image simply mounted onto some brown cardstock and then onto the main card which is black, the border is from a scrapbook kit that I bought ages ago (and had forgotten about until I found it hiding at the back of a cupboard last week).
I think she is so gorgeous with her furs and her dogs and I hope you like her too.

12 comments:

Irene said...

Chrissie

What can I say but GORGEOUS and STUNNING, I absolutely love the card.

luv
irene
xxxx

Becky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous image Chrissie! I too love vintage and I'm very happy to see it returning to craft these past few weeks, I used to do a lot of 'arty' crafts, cute seems to have taken over lately but I do love to see variety on people's blogs, looking forward to seeing your other cards!
Love Becky xx

Annie said...

Amazing image - love it.

Ann xxx

Anne said...

Tres chic x

iReneM said...

Oh yes Chrissie!
I love the Art Nouveau and Art Deco style. I have done quite a few cards in the past using 'collected' images.
This one is sooo classy. Lovely colours.

x

Sandra Wright. said...

Lovely Chrissie,my type of card.

Hugs Sandie x

Sue said...

Oh WOW! This is just beautiful Chrissie. Gorgeous image, I love it.

Ann Whitfield said...

Oh my Chrissie - she really is very grand! A lovely, elegant card
Ann x

Beryl K said...

What a fantastic card Chrissie, I just love that image. many thanks for you kind comments
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Wow stunning

Lorraine x

Beryl said...

A really lovely image Chrissie. I do like all these vintage cards.
Beryl xx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Simply stunning Chrissie!!
you make the most gorgeous cards
Wendy xx