Monday 15 September 2008

Purple Beauty


Good evening, tonight's card is another vintage one. This time I do know where the image came from, it's from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CD.
Again I haven't really done anything with this image as she is so beautiful, nothing else is really needed.
The image is mounted onto some purple pearlescent cardstock and then straight onto the dark brown card. The only embellishments are a gold cuttlebug corner, a purple border and a little purple flower with a metallic purple brad.
Some of the colours have not scanned too well and in real life they do actually all co-ordinate quite nicely with each other.
Tomorrow's card isn't going to be a vintage image, but it does have that vintage "feel" to it.
I hope you all have a lovely evening and thank you for popping by, please post a comment before leaving as I love to know who's been here.

10 comments:

Beryl said...

I've been here. This image is lovely and you've done a great job with it. (You're so organised - knowing what you're going to do tomorrow.)
Beryl xx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Chrissie, very elegant and stylish
Beryl x

Anne said...

Stunning card Chrissie. Love that image - another CD on the wish list! x

Sandra Wright. said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie,the colours are rich.
Sandie x

Barbara said...

I really love the simply of the card itself. The beautiful portrait carries the texture and colors. Vintage is terrific!

Irene said...

Oh Crissie
I love the card, the imagee infact everything about it.

luv
irene
xxxx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Gorgeous image,stunning colours
very elegant Chrissie
Wendy xx

Suzanne said...

Stunning - on of my favourite images on the cd - you have finished the design off so well
Thanks for sharing
Suzanne

Lavender Rose said...

Beautiful stylish card and as you say that image doesn't need much embellishment.

Becky said...

She is beautiful Chrissie, I must admit that my JS Cds have been somewhat neglected since the arrival of 'cute' stamps, I will have to dust them off now I've seen your fabby card!!
Love Becky xx
P.S laptop seems tiptop thank the lord!!