Saturday 6 September 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge - Emboss This


Good evening, what terrible weather we've had today, it's rained all day. I hope it has been better where you are.
Well, I've just managed this challenge by the skin of my teeth again (what a strange saying that is, I must stop using it!) as there will be a fresh challenge tomorrow.
Tilda & Co's challenge this week was to use embossing on your project.
This week we are having fun with Embossing,
It Could be Heat Set Embossing, Dry Embossing, Embossing Boards, Embossing Folders The list can go on forever, So please show off your Embossing On your projects.

I've chosen this sweet little Tilda and mounted her onto some cuttlebugged cardstock that I've highlighted with a Sakura white glaze pen to make it look like polka dots, I've also used the pen to highlight the backing papers, and the little cuttlebugged border has been highlighted with chalks. I've finished off with a little piece of pretty braiding that I found in my stash and that matched the card. Tilda has been coloured with a mixture of pro-markers and pencils and the little cherries on her dress and boots have been glazed.
Now that I've seen the scan I realise that it is VERY purple, so I hope you like it and thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Chrissie it's absolutely lovely. I love the colour and you have made Tilda look so beautiful as well.

Lorraine x

Irene said...

Chrissie

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Love it Chrissie and Lilacs n purples are my fav colours,doesnt Tilda look cute n innocent :)
Wendy xx

Ann Whitfield said...

What's not to like about purple Chrissie??????? You should know by now that it's impossible to go wrong with purple!
Purple aside, this card is stunning & I love how you've coloured Tilda
Ann x

Anne said...

What a beautiful card Chrissie. Love the way you've put everything together. x

Beryl K said...

What a brilliant card, Chrissie. The colours are gorgeous
Beryl x

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love your tildas, i really want some, I just can't figure out the best place to get them

Jacqueine
sbs20

Beryl said...

You've coloured Tilda brilliantly and the colour scheme is perfect. Lovely card Chrissie.
Beryl xx

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Chrissie, the colour is amazing! I love purple!!
Being a bit of a nerd lol! I looked up the saying and it's actually biblical so keep on using it!
"Job 19:20 My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth"
Love Becky xx

Bev said...

Ouch!! My jaw hitting the desk hurts!! This is so beautiful Chrissie, love the colours, the layout, the papers, the image - might as well just love the whole card lol

hugs Bev x