Friday 5 September 2008

Ooh-la-la Challenge - Words of Wisdom


Good evening, I'm a little late tonight, another one of "those days" I'm afraid.
Tonight's card is for the Ooh-la-la challenge which this week is "Words of Wisdom".
This is such an inspiring quote, I do wish I could tell you where it came from, but sadly I can't, it's one of a number of quotes and sayings that I've picked up over the years and are jotted down on bits of paper (hence the reason I'm planning to make a quote book with my Bind It All very soon).
I wanted this card to have a vintage look so I decided to use a mixture of browns and pinks. The backing papers are from K & Co, the quote has been mounted onto one of the oval nestabilities with some bronze eyelets and it's all finished off with some little flowers with pearl centres.
I've spent all today playing with the BIA and have actually produced a friendship book which I hope will be winging it's way to my best friend next week. I'm sure my efforts can be improved upon with more practice, but actually I'm quite pleased with the way this has turned out, not too bad for a first attempt anyway. I wish I could share it with you, but there's no way it would scan and as I haven't yet mastered how to use the digital camera this may be unlikely.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and it would be great if you left a message as I love to know who's popped in.

12 comments:

Beryl said...

Beautiful colouring on this card Chrissie. Did you write that quote or print it? It looks like handwriting but it's so neat. It looks great whatever it is.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful Chrissie the sentiment is so lovely.

Lorraine x

Sandra Wright. said...

Love the quote Chrissie,the card too.

Hugs Sandie x

Irene said...

Chrissie

What can I say but I hate it........... honestly though your card is gorgeous,I love it. And I may just have to borrow your quote. I am sure your friend will be gobsmacked, and delighted.

luv
irene
xxxx

Jane's Blogs said...

Superb card ... love the sentiment.

Love
Jane xx

Annie said...

I agree with you Chrissie that quote is wonderful. I'm the same with quotes - all good intentions to save them in a book (embellished and stunning in my mind) but haven't got round to it yet.
Thanks for joining in the challenge this week. You are managing to join so many lately I don't know how you do it!! Hope it continues.

Ann xxx

a portland granny said...

I just love your card...and the sentiment is wonderful. I'm so glad I found your blog!
Joan (sassafras and gingerbread)

Annie said...

that is a beautiful quote you have used on this pretty card, and I love those K&Co papers. annie x

Bev said...

Oh this is just so pretty Chrissie, I adore the soft, muted shades and beautiful papers. The layout is so pretty too. Love the sentiment - oh heck I love the whole card

hugs Bev x

Becky said...

Love your card chrissie, such a nice quote and I look forward to seeing what you've created with your Bind it All!!
Love Becky xx

Wendi said...

Beautiful Card and lovely quote and such gorgeous colours
Thank you for joining in Ooh la la challenge
Wendi x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love the vintage feel of this card Chrissie - beautiful
Ann x