Friday 1 August 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I seem to have had quite a lot going on in my life recently, some of which I could have definitely done without! but things are slowly getting better so I'm now trying to catch up with all the things that had to be put on hold. One of the main things for me was that I had been asked to make some cards to put in a new shop that is opening soon. One of my younger son's friends, (Sophie) is in the process of opening a shop in a very exclusive village near me. She will be selling vintage style furnishings and objet d'art, mainly in the art deco style and she thought that some of my vintage cards might do quite well there, they will be displayed in their own little section of her shop. As you can imagine, to say I was excited is the understatement of the century! I had a few ideas for different things and had just begun to make a start on some projects when my mum had her accident so everything else took a back seat. Now that mum is out of hospital and our lives are beginning to return to normal I have been trying to regain the enthusiasm that I had.
I thought it might be nice to have some little card "packs" as well as individual cards and for this I have to thank one of my crafting friends Edna, as it was her little card sets that inspired me, I also plan to try to make some little stationery sets, notebooks, bookmarks, door hangers and little bags with cards in (inspired by another crafting friend Sue) but we'll see how it goes.





This is a set of four cards with a picture of the little band holding them together. The images are taken from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD and very simply mounted on to co-ordinating cardstock from my stash.

This set is four cards again, all with images of children at the seaside, these images come from a variety of different places (the little boy is from Joanna Sheen's Cardmaker's Year CD) and form part of my (very large!) collection of vintage images. Again I have just mounted them onto some silver miri card and then onto red card and left them quite plain.





The final thing I will upload tonight is a sample of a little notebook. This was just a cheap little book that I have covered with K & Co paper and some co-ordinating ribbons and finished off with a little stick-on gem. My scanner has made this look a little lopsided, but it is straight in real life!

These are some of the things that I have completed so far. I'll be posting some others tomorrow, but meanwhile I would be very grateful for your comments or suggestions and I'd like to thank you for visiting.

8 comments:

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Wow those are very nice. Where did you get the images? They look great.

Jacqueline
SBS 20

Ann Whitfield said...

I'm sorry Chrissie but when I checked your blog this morning as I usually do, I had the irreverent thought that they were like buses - none for ages then they all come at once!! lol :0)
I'm not surprised that you're so excited, I think your cards will go down very well in a shop such as that becasue people shopping there will appreciate something that's both classy and different and these cerainly are. Good luck with this new venture and I'm glad that you're starting to get some normality back.
Ann x

Anne said...

Well done Chrissie, your cards are gorgeous and I hope they are a hit. Glad to hear your Mum is on the mend, even though it's slow progress. Take care. Hugs xx

Annie said...

Ann Whitfield's comment made me laugh - I agree - I check your blog often and whoosh all at once loads of lovely cards. I'm sure these will do well in the shop - fingers crossed for you.

Ann xxx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Wahoooo well done Chrissie!! how fantastic for you i think i am excited for you too hehe
Cards are fab hun and your idea of bookmarks,notelets etc are great
wishing you good luck sweety,but i know you wont need it
Wendy xx

Rosietoes said...

Super cards Chrissie. I am so pleased that you are on a roll at the moment and that your venture is beginning - or should I say ad(venture)!!
Keep up the good work - these should sell like hot cakes. :)
Sorry not to have been on earlier but my 'puter went on the blink for several hours today. Nevermind, better late than never. :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow good news Chrissie and good luck with it. These cards are wonderful so they should be eating out of your hand hun!!

Lavender Rose said...

Oh Chrissie these are gorgeous...how could they not sell? I really hope you get lots of orders. I can't believe how many cards that have appeared on your blog since I checked the other day and can only agree with Ann LOL!