Sunday 31 August 2008

A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge 14 - 3 Different Ribbons


Good afternoon, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, despite the awful weather. Why is it that if it's not raining, it's so humid that you have no energy to do anything? I don't remember our Summers being like this when I was younger, but I suppose that's a sign of getting old!
My card today is for A Spoonful of Sugar's challenge, which is to use 3 different ribbons on your card. I love using ribbons but I have to admit that I found this one quite difficult, not helped by the fact that I only started with a small card. If I'd thought this through I would definitely have used a large card with lots of room on it!
Anyway on to the card, the image is another Hanglar & Stanglar, coloured with a mixture of Pro-Markers, normal colouring pencils and Sansador, finished off with a touch of Stickles on her bag and socks. The backing paper is some HOTP that I've had for ever and a piece of one of Joanna Sheen's lace papers, the ribbons are all from Poppicrafts and the sentiment was done on the PC.
I hope you like her, I think she looks like such a "girly" little girl, the type who has ballet lessons etc. It amazes me how these little characters can have such different personalities when they have no facial features.

16 comments:

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Chrissie, she is gorgeous. Glad you like the updated blog.
Beryl x

Becky said...

Love the colours on your card Chrissie, brown and pink, my favourites!! She is such a sweet heart! So pretty! We've had awful weather today too but I've been at work all day so haven't really minded!
Love Becky xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Irene said...

Gorgeous card, do I spy a JS paper.

luv
irene
xxxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie - that lace paper is the perfect finishing touch for the card!

Wheezie said...

Great card I really love these Hanglar & Stanglar stamps and am lookIng forward to the time when they will be available to buy in the UK. The lace paper really adds to the girly look

x Wheezie x

Annie said...

oh so cute Chrissie. Love it.

Ann xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

It's a lovely card Chrissie. I can see why you would have found a bigger card easier but you've done a lovely job anyway.
Ann x

Suzanne said...

Stunning work - just catching up on the last few entries - I love them all
Thanks for sharing - love the pink lace paper to my favourite
Suzanne

Trina said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and your coloring! The ribbon looks great! Thanks for joining our challenge!

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie, love the image, and the colours go so well together. Louise x

Annie said...

think you have added the Sarah Kaye one since I last looked. Gorgeous - hey slow down you are making me feel lazy!!

Ann xxx

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours and such a cutie image.
Thanks for joining in.
Joanne x

Annie said...

so cute, and love the row of ribbons. annie x

Beryl said...

She's lovely and it's a beautiful card. Your head must be just full of ideas.
Beryl xx

Bev said...

Oooh this is gorgeous - love the soft, subtle colours on this one hunny - and of course the darling image which is coloured so beautifully. Love it!!

hugs Bev x