Tuesday 19 August 2008

Little Challenge Card


Good afternoon, I'm really excited today as I've managed to complete a challenge card, how sad is that? The reason for the excitement is that it's the first one I've managed to do in months! I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get back to joining in the challenges again as I've missed it so much.
Today's card is for Tilda and Co's challenge which this week is entitled "Cold as Ice"
The sun is now drifting away very fast and soon it will be as cold as ice....
Using the colours Blue & white Only . Show us how cold your projects can feel this week.


Now for those of you that have visited my blog before, you may be aware that I don't really like christmas cards very much, (not the traditional type anyway) but this card could easily be used as a christmas card. Anyway, it shows little Tilda, deep in thought (maybe wondering what Santa will bring her?) she has been coloured with my fab new pro-markers (I love these) and mounted onto a circle made with my new cuttlebug and nestability dies. The backing paper is sparkly blue and comes from my stash, I have also used some blue lacey backing paper from a 'Papercraft 4 you' paper pad by Mary Hughes, which I have cut out and popped around the edges of the card as a type of frame, at the bottom of the card is some plain, white cardstock that has been through the "swiss dots" cuttlebug folder. Some little snowflakes embellished with crystals are the finishing touch.
If I do decide to use this as a christmas card I'll pop a sentiment on the front.

13 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

This would make a brilliant christmas card Chrissie - I love it! It's great to see you back at the challenges again too.
Ann x

Bev said...

Oooh it's fabulous Chrissie - I just love the image. Gorgeous snowflakes too

hugs Bev x

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chrissie and as Ann said it would make a brilliant Christmas card.

love Sheila xx

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Chrissie, even if you don't like the traditional Christmas Cards, this one's a winner.
Beryl x

Annie said...

cool card - i love it.

Ann xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Both beauties! I especially like the Tilda card!

iReneM said...

What a lovely card Chrissie.
So nice and sparkly and a great composition
I'm sorry to say I don't have any Tilda's, ahhh.
Irene
x

hulda beib said...

Beautiful xmas card!! Welcome back - I'm new though and haven't seen much of your work but thanx for sharing.
xox huldabeib

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie. Beautiful colouring and I love the added snowflakes.

Sandra said...

Hi,lovely card,cute image coloured beautifully,love the snowflakes,
Sandra x

Sandra said...

Hi,lovely card,cute Tilda coloured beautifully,love the snowflakes,
Sandra x

Beryl said...

Gorgeous. That's the only way to describe it. I just love everything about it.
Beryl T xx

Wheezie said...

Fabulous card Chrissie great cool colours
x Wheezie x