Wednesday 20 August 2008

What Katy Did




Good evening, I've been so busy today that I've just quickly popped on to post some cards I made the other day. I can't post what I've been working on recently as they are secret for a few more days yet. Mmmm now I've got you all wondering haven't I?
Anyway these 3 cards were made for no particular reason, other than I love these images, they remind me of some books I read as a child "What Katy Did" and "What Katy Did Next". The images are from Joanna Sheen's "Cardmaker's Year" CD, I love lots of the images on this CD, a lot of them are from the early 1900s and just so delicious.
The pictures were mounted onto backing paper from my "scraps" box that I thought matched the images and that's about it really. When I decide what I'm going to use them for I'll add the relevant sentiments etc. Anyway, I hope you like today's offering.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissie they are beautiful.

Lorraine x

Sheila - Ginger said...

What Katy did!!...more like what Chrissie did with them! They are beautiful Chrissie! Gorgeous images too.
Oooh I love secrets!! Want to give us a hint? Lol!!

love Sheila xx

Beryl K said...

They are really beautiful Chrissie. I've had to keep a secret for a couple of days, cos I had made cards for my neighbour and couldn't post them because they have my blog address. It was his birthday today so I finally posted them. I definitely love those images, I feel a buying spree coming on.lol
Beryl

Annie said...

fabulous images
Ann xxx

Jane's Blogs said...

Beautiful cards.

Irene said...

Chrissie

Your cards are beautiful, and What Kay Did, one of my favourite stories of all time.

Stunning.

luv
irene
xxxx

Keren said...

great cards Chrissie, this cd is great

Ann Whitfield said...

Lovely images and cards Chrissie. Sharing what was in your mind when you made them makes them all the more special too. I've never really thought about getting cardmakers year but some of the cards you've been sharing recently is wearing away at that!
Ann x

Lavender Rose said...

Wonderful cards (again!) Chrissie....wondering what your secret it now!!!!! I haven't posted anything on my blog this week as the last card I made is also a secret in that if I put it on the recipient will see it...hate not posting. I did make 2 cards for OH's work colleagues but didn't even bother scanning those.

Suzanne said...

Stunning - one of my favourite selections of images
Thanks for sharing
Suzanne

Andrea, said...

Your cards are gorgeous Chrissie, the images are so pretty

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful Chrissie! It's funny I have that CD but can't remember those images - now I shall have to have another look as you have inspired me!

Sammi said...

Katy did .. Katy didn't .. Katy did .. Katy didn't!

Sorry - couldn't help it! :)

I love your cards.. those images are gorgeous!!

Love your blog too :)

Sammi
xxx