Tuesday 26 August 2008

Penny Black - No Cards Allowed


Good evening, I hope that you all had an enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend. I didn't get to post anything yesterday, another one of "those" days I'm afraid. What with attending a boot sale in the morning, shopping and housework for my Mum, helping hubby with his shop, and finally a visit from our eldest son and DIL my day had ended before I'd managed to make any cards at all. Today has been quite hectic too, but I've managed to achieve an entry for the Saturday challenge from Penny Black No Cards Allowed - I know this is a tricker one than last week, but we want you to get your thinking caps on. You can make anything you like Bag, Note Book, Box, Candle, Tag, Tin etc but NO CARD please, and your creations MUST feature at least one Penny Black Image.
I decided to make a little notebook for shopping lists as my entry for this and I used the "Shop til you Drop" stamp. I've had this for ever and haven't used it in ages, so it was a nice excuse to dig it out of the drawer. The image is coloured with the Pro-Markers again and the backing paper is from the Dovecraft range, completed with some black satin ribbon, a pink flower, some gems and "Grafitti" alphabet letters. I hope you like it, I thought it was a nice, girly book to keep in your handbag.
My apologies for the awful scan, but I tried to get a decent image for ages and this was the best I could do. I really must learn how to use the digital camera!

15 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Great idea Chrissie - I def..need one of those...and love the image you used.....great take on the challenge and thank you for playing along at PBSC this week
KATH
XXXXXX

Becky said...

Great idea Chrissie, beautiful stamp! I wonder how long it will take you to fill it?? Lol!
Love Becky xx

Beryl said...

What a good idea. Much better than the scraps of paper I usually have in my jeans pockets.Love the stamp.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

Its lovely Chrissie great idea I didn't participate this time.

Lorraine x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

What a great idea Chrissie and the perfect stamp for it!

Annie said...

Fabulous idea Chrissie and perfect image for this.

Ann xxx

Suzanne said...

Wow what a fabulous idea
Love it
Suzanne

Irene said...

Great idea Chrissie, I love the image.

luv
irene
xxxx

Jane's Blogs said...

I think that is really brilliant. Love the girls.

Ann Whitfield said...

It's a great book Chrissie - the one I made is definitely working for me, I haven't gone without it since I made it! :)
Ann x

Beryl K said...

It's brilliant Chrissie, good idea too. Can't take part in this one - only got one Penny Black stamp :(
Beryl x

Lavender Rose said...

That's great Chrissie, love your notebook :)

LOUISE said...

Fab Notebook Chrissie, I made one too! Louise x

PixieHouse Creations said...

woaaaa lady you are a busy bee arnt you love it cute image
Wendy xx

tracie said...

Gorgeous notebook Chrissie, love the papers. I could do with one of these... Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC :)x